Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sad day in college football

I would like to send my prayers out to the family, friends and teammates of Miami football player Bryan Pata. I didn't know him personally nor did many of the people that will write about him in the coming days but that doesn't mean we can't express our thoughts and send out prayers for all who did know him.

I also feel that this tragic event with all the other on and off field issues they have had will be hard for this team to overcome. Not because they don't want to overcome it but because they are between the ages of 18 and 22. I was that age once and I don't think that I could have put 100% effort into a game like football if I had lost a friend.

Response to comments: I have had a couple of people respond to my Ritz vs. Town House post. First let me say that Saltine crackers are so 70's and 80's. The last time I ate a saltine cracker, I was listening to Hart and you still had to brake the crackers apart yourself. If you want a plain cracker for soup or chili go with the oyster cracker. There is a lot less mess and work involved with oyster crackers. For those who prefer Ritz, you have no taste buds and don't know what you are talking about. Sorry

Soap Box Topic for the day:

I want to say that college football is my favorite college sport and ranks right behind pro football in my list of sports but we have way to much college football on T.V. now. Did you realize that we now have games on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and even Sunday. Is the demand for college football games that high? I say no. Plus aren't these kids student athletes. If they are playing games on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday are they not missing class? If they aren't in class how are they going to make the grades to stay on the team? Stupid question I know because most get help. Good topic for another day. I blame these games on the NCAA and the schools. They continue to say that it is about the student athletes but with games during the week, it tells me it is about the money. Much like the Bowl games but again another topic for another day. Bottom line, put the college games back on Saturday and if you want a good game on a different day, use Thursday.

As Jim Rome says
OUT!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly is a sad day in college football. I too send my thoughts and prayers out to the family and friends of Bryan Pata. Trying to concentrate on anything, much less a football game or class work, after the death of a friend may be too much for a college student or anyone else for that matter. Say what you will about the saltine, but I think it's a classic and will never go out of style. I think college football should be played on saturdays, just like high school football on friday nights. It is the way it is supposed to be. Good picture. I think that guy stole my prom outfit.

Anonymous said...

College football on Saturday and NFL on Sunday. Period. I don't even like Monday night football. Thanksgiving day football is OK. It gives you something to do after stuffing yourself silly.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea...one more thing. Ritz are da bomb! I agree the saltine is a thing of the past. The Town House cracker reminds me of soggy toast. The cheddar goldfish cracker isn't bad either.