Monday, November 20, 2006

All I want for Christmas

I know it seems early to start the Christmas talk but after this weekends college football games, I am on my BCS soap box again. So here is what I want for Christmas:

A PLAYOFF in college football. It seems that the NCAA won't give it to me so I am asking Santa to bring it my way. I have been a good boy and promise to treat it well.

The BSC rankings are out and Michigan has kept the number 2 spot. How? It was a close game and they played well but they lost. Plus their record against ranked teams this year is 1-1. That is right, they have played 12 games and only 2 against ranked teams. Lastly, if Michigan won the bowl game, wouldn't Ohio State have a right to get a split National Title?

Here is what a couple of other teams have done this year compared to Michigan (in the order I think they should be in):
1. Flordia (2-1 vs. ranked teams) and they still have a game against a ranked team (Arkansas) left to play. If they win, they would be 3-1 vs. ranked teams.
2. USC (3-0 vs. ranked teams) and they still have a game against a ranked team (Notre Dame) left to play. If they win, they would be 4-0 vs. ranked teams.
3. Arkansas (2-1 vs. ranked teams) and they still have 2 games against ranked teams (LSU and Florida) left to play. If they win both of those, they would be 4-1 vs. ranked teams.

I refuse to put Notre Dame in the mix because they play the worst schedule and won't join a conf. They have played Army, Navy, Air Force, North Carolina and Stanford. Five of possibly the worst teams to play college football.

For a friend of mine who thinks the Steelers are not only going to make the playoffs but win the Super Bowl, this is what I have to say to you. Get some crazy pills from one of your MD friends and start taking them because it isn't going to happen.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and I look forward to your comments.

No comments: