Friday, November 03, 2006

Louisville 44 West Virginia 34

If you are a fan of college football and you missed the game yesterday between Louisville and West Virginia, you missed a great game. For those of us who did see the game, we were treated to one of the best games this year. But that is not what I wanted to talk about today. I want to talk about the possibility of Louisville running the table and playing for the National Title. Please be prepared for me to talk out of both sides of my mouth in the next couple of sentences. Under the current system, I think that Louisville should play for the title this year. They are in a BCS conf. and will have won all of their games and will be ranked number 2 behind either Ohio State or Michigan. However, if they played any of the 1 loss teams I am about to list would they win the game on a neutral field? I say no and that is why we need a playoff system like all other college or pro sports have currently. Here are the teams:
1. Florida
2. Auburn
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Notre Dame
6. Michigan or Ohio State whichever loses

If we are not going to have a playoff, here is my suggestion to the BCS. Take the conf. champion part out of the equation. There are 4 major bowl games and those 8 teams should be the top 8 teams in the BCS. Another reason the conf. champion should be pulled out of the equation is the ACC this year. The winner of that conf. will be ranked no higher than 12th. Does that team deserve to play in a game for the top 8 teams. Again, I answer that question with a no. So I say either make real changes to the BCS that matter or get ride of the current system and move to a 16 team playoff format. You can use bowl games for the teams that didn't make the playoffs if you want because it is about the money as we all know.

That is my thought for the day. What are your thoughts about the BSC, Louisville or my comments. Let me know and maybe your comments will be addressed in my next post.

No comments: