Tuesday, November 14, 2006

LT

Another great weekend of sports action both in the college ranks as well as the pros. Ohio State and Michigan both won and have set-up a 1 vs. 2 match-up for this upcoming weekend. The BCS rankings got another shock as Texas and Auburn lost while Arkansas made a statement and moved way up in the rankings. Jimmy Johnson padded his lead in the chase and just needs to hold one for one more race to bring home his first NASCAR championship. And lastly the Chargers scored 42 points in the second half to beat the Bengals 49 to 41 on Sunday and that is were my topic for today comes from.

I know their are a lot of great players in the NFL but I think that LT is by far the best of the best. From the RB position, he can take over a game and that was never more evident on Sunday when he got in the end zone 4 times. Right now, he is my MVP for the league. I know some will say Manning and I do think he is second but that for me is a distant second right now. There are still 7 games left in the season and I can change my opinion based on play during those remaining games but for now, I can't pick anyone other than LT.

Sorry to all that who read for the short post today, I was out of town all weekend and didn't get to see as much sports as I would have liked. I can tell you that my U10 boys soccer team that I coach was at a tournament in Indiana and they won the tournament. We went 4-0 and only had one goal scored against us in those for games. My wife's 13 year old was also playing on a U14 team at the same tournament and they too won their age group at the tournament. So I saw great sports by some of the athletes we may someday see playing in the college ranks as well as the pros.

1 comment:

Matt McKee said...

It is good to see that you are not as much of a Peyton Manning Homer as I thought you were. I mean, I was there when you kissed the ground he walked on when he played at UT and I thought for sure that you were going to make the case for Mr. Commercial but you surprised me. After all of these years you surprised me. Congrats.